Basic information about ITIL®(1) training
1. What is ITIL?
– ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world; it focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of the business.
– ITIL was created in the 1980s by the UK government’s CCTA (Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency) with the objective of ensuring better use of IT services and resources.
– ITIL is now owned by Axelos: the current version is ITIL 2011 Edition (published July 2011), which updates ITIL v3.
2. Target group:
The target group of the ITIL Foundation training is:
– Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
– IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL
– Managers who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
– This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
3. Learning objectives:
– Service management as a practice (comprehension)
– The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
– Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
– Key principles and models (comprehension)
– Selected processes (awareness)
– Selected functions (awareness)
– Selected roles (awareness)
– Technology and architecture (awareness)
– Competence and training (awareness)
4. Why you should choose training from company ITSM&CI?
– Accredited training – you will get certificate from accredited examination institute.
– Practical exercises during training.
– Two sample exams which are equivalent to real exam which you should pass to get the certificate.
– Training available at your premises or near your office, saving the cost of travel and accommodation.
– Lecturer’s years of experience in IT.
– Time flexibility – date of training according to your possibilities.
1 – ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.